Saturday, February 6, 2010

Almond Biscotti

We have a heap of almonds sitting in the cupboard, Teena bought them when they were on special.  So the other day I was searching the net trying to find something to make with them and I came across this recipe from one of my favorite sites, Taste.com.au. 

I'd never made Biscotti before although I'd seen pictures and thought it would have been difficult!  Well turns out it's easy, you just mix the ingredients together, form it into a log and bake it for about 20 minutes.  Then you cut it into thin slices and put it back in the oven to make them crisp.  The hardest part for me was cutting the log into thin slices.  I tried a couple of different knives, the serrated edge knives worked the best, but it's still hard work!

The end result was delicious!  We want to make some more soon with different ingredients, maybe Pistachio or Macadamia and Lemon Myrtle (which we have growing in the courtyard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...