Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stuffed Baked Potatoes

What do you do when you have too many potatoes?  Well, there's a lot of things you could do actually, but we decided to stuff them and bake them!


Most recipes for stuffed baked potatoes have you wrap the potatoes in foil and bake them for an hour before scooping out the flesh and stuffing them.  I didn't have that much time though, so I steamed my potatoes for 10 minutes, let them cool slightly and then scooped the flesh out.  You could also microwave them if you wanted.


For the filling, I just fried up some onion and garlic, added some white butter beans and smushed them up a little.  Spooned the filling into the scooped out potato, added some shredded cheese and baked them for another 20 minutes until the cheese was melted and browned.  They were really tasty too.  Will have to try them again with some different fillings.

5 comments:

  1. Dave, that sounds mighty tasty. I love your twist with the butter beans. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very tasty! Add onion and garlic to just about anything and I will approve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great lunch idea! /nomnomnom <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look and sound delicious, Dave. My family loves double stuffed potatoes. I'll have to give your recipe a try. The beans intrigue me. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look delicious. nothing like melted cheese on top of potatoes. yum. have a great day. Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...